COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Administrative Assistant, Compass Housing Programs
Director of Housing Programs
$20.51 - $23.59/hour
Full-time, but would consider 60% or 80% of FTE
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Services helps homeless families and families at imminent risk for homelessness to achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. Our services include emergency shelter, transitional housing, rapid rehousing, behavioral health services, parenting education and support, workforce services, early childhood education and care, and more. We have served the San Francisco community for over 100 years.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Director of Housing Programs to manage a portfolio of five housing programs serving homeless and at-risk San Francisco families. Duties include direct clerical and administrative support of the day-to-day work of the Director of Housing Programs as well as supporting this position to support the successful operation of the five housing programs. Specific duties include the following:
• Assist and support Director of Housing Program with calendar and scheduling, email, phone calls and voicemail, and time-tracking.
• Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, reports and other correspondence.
• Assist with ensuring that each Compass housing programs creates and maintains documented protocols and procedures.
• Manage credit card reporting and receipt tracking and support DHP in the credit card reporting and approval process of all direct reports.
• Schedule and run reports in the homeless services data tracking system (ONE).
• Assist with program budget and expense reviews.
• Assist and support program file audits and monitorings.
• Provide back-up with attendance at program staff meetings and other meetings, including note- and minute-taking as needed.
• Assist with subject-matter research related to housing and employment, including housing market trends, government rental assistance programs, community resources, etc.
• Create and manage a master calendar for all activities, including meetings, audits, report due dates, etcetera, for Compass housing programs.
• Support quality assurance activities.
• Provide support to Compass housing program managers and teams as requested by the Director of Housing Programs.
• Support other Compass programs as needed and as time permits.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal, listening and oral communication skills
• Excellent work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
• Ability to work independently
• Strong research skills
• Strong computer skills
• Quick learner
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical, dental and vision coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Administrative Assistant will primarily work at Compass’ main office at 37 Grove Street in San Francisco, less than one block from the Civic Center BART station. Limited remote work is possible in this role, but the Administrative Assistant should plan to spend most of their time in the office. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep everyone healthy and safe on site, including mandated face coverings, increased cleaning schedules, enhanced air filtration systems, and daily Covid self-screenings. Compass also requires proof of Covid vaccination for all employees.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.