COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Director of Finance
$85,000 - $95,000 annually
Full time, Monday-Friday
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
The finance team is responsible for handing all elements of Compass' finances.
The Associate Director will lead financial planning and budget management processes for Compass Family Services. They will work closely with both senior leadership and program managers, using financial data to make smart decisions about how to maximize our use of grant funds and other resources.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead annual budgeting process, administer and review all financial plans and budgets, and keep senior leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Prepare and analyze quarterly forecasts.
• Work with executive leadership on multi-year planning and budgeting.
• Develop and analyze business KPIs for the organization.
• Oversee the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly financial reports of program spending.
• Manage grant expense allocation and spending to ensure time and purpose restrictions are met.
• Directly supervise 1-2 employees, including Grants and Contracts Administrator.
• Work closely with Development/Fundraising and Program teams to identify funding needs and opportunities.
• Continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast processes and workflows related to those processes.
• Oversee contract compliance and OMB Uniform Guidance.
• Oversee the completion of all filings required by Federal, State and Local government agencies.
• Support the finance team with special projects and other responsibilities.
• Seven years relevant nonprofit experience, including budgeting, financial reporting and analysis, and grants management.
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving mindset.
• Significant experience and understanding of government contracts, including thorough knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance.
• Firm grasp of accounting principles.
• Ability to simplify and explain complex financial concepts.
• Thorough understanding of Excel. Salesforce experience a plus!
• Supervision experience preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
This position requires a mix of remote and on-site work at our San Francisco office (37 Grove Street). At minimum, the Associate Director should plan to spend at least 2-3 days in the office each week. We have a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe at the office, including mandated face coverings, enhanced air filtration, intensive cleaning, and low building occupancy.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.