COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Bilingual Assistant Program Director, SF HOME
Program Director, Compass SF HOME
Full time, Mon-Fri
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass SF HOME helps homeless families find, stabilize, and maintain their housing. Families receive financial assistance and long-term case management which enables them to become economically self-sufficient and maintain their housing.
The Assistant Program Director will join a leadership team of 4 who are responsible for the development and oversight of all Rapid Rehousing rental subsidy programs. The Assistant Program Director (APD) develops and oversees programs, supervises staff, ensures contract compliance, and works collaboratively to ensure that all clients receive high quality services and support.
Specific duties include the following:
• Ensure that we are providing high quality services to clients, including assistance with housing search, case management and appropriate referrals
• Hire, train, evaluate, and provide direct supervision to staff. Meet with supervisees weekly to review progress, discuss client challenges, and provide support and direction.
• Track and report outcomes for the program, and prepare grant and contract
• Track monthly expenditures against budget and make sure that funds are spent
responsibly and appropriately throughout the year.
• Develop relationship with funders and other key stakeholders. Attend relevant
meetings to represent Compass’ interests and weigh in on relevant city policies
• Collaborate with the Program Director on staff hiring and training.
• Function as acting director during Program Director’s vacation and sick leave.
• Bilingual Spanish required
• At least 2 years of experience working as case manager or counselor with homeless families or other vulnerable populations.
• At least 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience, including proven ability to be oversee major projects or programs, track multiple work streams, and oversee the work of others.
• Ability to assess and de-escalate potentially volatile situations.
• Deep commitment to and demonstrated success discussing, integrating, and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging throughout a complex and dynamic organization.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
Compass Family Services offers a competitive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement plan. Full time employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, paid sick and holiday leave, and paid time off for education.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Assistant Program Director will work primarily at our office at 37 Grove St. in San Francisco. Currently, SF HOME staff (including the Assistant Program Director) have the option to work one day per week remotely. From time to time, they may also meet with clients in the community or in their homes. We have a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe, including mandated face coverings, enhanced air filtration, intensive cleaning, low building occupancy, and daily Covid self-screenings. Compass also requires proof of Covid vaccination for all employees.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.