COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Bilingual Case Manager, Compass Childcare Support Services
Program Director, Compass Childcare Support Services
Full time, Monday-Friday
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Childcare Support Services is an enhanced support program for families in San Francisco experiencing homelessness with a child 0 – 5 years old. Our Case Managers work with families to support their efforts to find quality subsidized childcare for their children.
Case Manager Responsibilities:
● Screen families experiencing homelessness referred by Early Learning San Francisco (ELSF) for eligibility for a variety of local, state and federally subsidized childcare options in San Francisco.
● Manage a caseload of 50+ families to find and sustain childcare. Required frequency of contact varies depending on time/stability in childcare placement.
● Meet with families to assess their childcare preferences to ensure a good match of family need and site.
● Support families in reaching key childcare readiness milestones including gathering necessary identification and immunization records, addressing concerns around separation anxiety, and addressing barriers to childcare such as transportation, etc.
● Support families in locating and securing early childcare education programs.
● Coordinate with service providers, childcare providers, and Childcare Resource Coordinators to ensure successful placement into childcare.
● Engage in community outreach.
● Accompany parents to childcare programs or other community meetings, when needed.
● Support family programs including groups, classes or workshops.
● Regularly check in with clients who are placed into subsidized care. Support parents to ensure that the identified Early Childhood Education program is meeting their needs and the child is thriving in the program.
● Address and help resolve any communication challenges between families and their childcare providers.
● Provide enhanced referrals and connections to community resources, including but not limited to Coordinated Entry Access Points for shelter and housing problem solving, employment support, and other relevant community services.
● Help parents/caregivers identify employment or educational goals.
● Coordinate with partner employment agencies to offer referrals for families.
General Program Responsibilities:
● Attend all program meetings and participate in program development and service delivery to meet the changing needs of families who are experiencing homelessness or are imminently at risk of homelessness.
● Participate in professional development.
● Attend individual and group clinical meetings to learn and implement a trauma-informed approach.
● Attend and participate in weekly individual supervision, team meetings 2x/week, and maintain open communication regarding all aspects of the program and work with clients.
● Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
● Other responsibilities as assigned.
● Bilingual Spanish required
● Relevant experience in social work or a related field
● Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
● Able to work independently and collaborate with colleagues
● Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
● Direct and proactive communication with clients, staff and supervisors
● Excellent writing and organizational skills
● Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Experience with Salesforce is a plus!
● Experience working in crisis situations and ability to assess and de-escalate quickly
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Case Manager will work at Compass’ office at 37 Grove Street in San Francisco. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe while on site, including mandated face coverings, increased air filtration, and limited office occupancy.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.