COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Bilingual Drop-In Childcare Worker
Assistant Program Director, Compass Family Resource Center
Full time, Monday-Friday
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Resource Center partners with families experiencing homelessness to ensure that they are connected to supportive services that meet their needs and develop family resiliency.
The Drop-In Childcare Worker provides childcare and educational activities for Compass children ages 6 months and up while their parents participate in case management and therapy sessions, groups, and other on-site meetings.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide direct care and supervision of children while parents attend classes, groups and one-on-one meetings/case management/therapy sessions.
• Lead and support colleagues with structured educational activities.
• Communicate with parents and Case Managers about the child’s care experience and any issues or concerns.
• Administer child and parent/child interactive assessment tools.
• Maintain and update accurate childcare records and information into agency database system.
• Maintain a safe and clean environment.
• Report and document any incident that occurs in childcare that impacts the safety and/or well-being of the child.
• Attend and participate in all relevant program and agency meetings.
• Provide back-up support to Compass colleagues when there are no children in need of childcare.
• Bilingual Spanish required.
• Two or more years of experience working directly with 0-5 year-olds required.
• Must be able to lift a child of 30 lbs.
• 12+ units of Early Childhood Education encouraged but not required.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
• Experience working with people in crisis and demonstrated understanding of issues facing homeless and low-income families.
• Ability to assess and deescalate potentially volatile situations.
• Outstanding work habits: punctual, flexible, reliable, organized, cooperative, strong communicator and team-oriented.
• Proficiency with basic computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and internet searches. Salesforce a plus!
• TB and fingerprint clearance (Department of Justice, FBI, Child Abuse Index)
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Drop-In Childcare Worker will work at Compass’ office at 37 Grove Street in San Francisco. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe and healthy while on site, including mandated face coverings, increased air filtration, and minimal office occupancy.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.