COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Case Manager, Compass Family Shelter
Program Director, Compass Family Shelter
Full time, Tues – Sat with Sun/Mon off
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Shelter provides families experiencing homelessness with a safe place to stay. We offer intensive support services that help the families staying at our shelter to find housing, increase income, and address any underlying challenges to long term stability.
• Assess families at intake to determine barriers and needs and, in partnership with client families, create a service plan for shelter stay, prioritizing housing search and addressing barriers to stability and healthy functioning.
• Build supportive relationships with client families and provide services from a trauma informed perspective.
• Provide case management services to caseload of up to 10 shelter families. Case management services include counseling, crisis intervention and assessment, as well as referrals and linkages to services, including substance abuse and mental health treatment, childcare, parenting education, support groups, money management, living skills and more.
• Work with clients to secure stable housing and address barriers to housing.
• Monitor client families’ compliance with shelter and program rules, and administer warnings and denials of services as needed.
• Refer exiting families to aftercare and ensure a warm hand-off.
• Maintain up-to-date case files, case notes and family assessments in Salesforce and complete paper files on each shelter family.
• Work in collaboration with other Compass programs and make appropriate referrals to Compass programs as well to external providers and resources.
• Maintain ongoing communication with shelter staff and other Compass programs regarding shelter clients.
• Relevant work experience in a social services experience. Residential experience a plus!
• At least two years of counseling experience, including crisis intervention
• Understanding of challenges facing homeless and immigrant families
• Understanding of trauma informed care
• Knowledge of Bay Area housing and social service resources
• Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Experience with Salesforce is a plus!
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Case Manager works primarily onsite at 626 Polk Street in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. We have a wide range of precautions to keep everyone healthy and safe, including mandated face coverings, increased cleaning schedules, and enhanced air filtration systems.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.