COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Case Manager, Compass SF HOME
Assistant Program Director,
Compass SF HOME
Full time (37.5 hours/week)
Monday - Friday
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
The Compass SF HOME/Heading Home program provides housing search assistance, move-in funds, and ongoing rental subsidies that help families move out of homelessness. Families also receive case management support throughout their time in the program.
The Case Manager provides supportive services to families in the Heading Home rental subsidy, with particular emphasis on housing and long-term financial stability. This includes helping families find a place to live, supporting families in reaching their financial and educational goals, connecting families with services and resources, assisting with applications to permanent affordable housing, and stepping in to support families during crises.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Creatively and proactively identify landlords who are open to accepting rental subsidies.
• Assist clients in successfully obtaining stable housing, including support on finding available listings, completing applications, talking with landlords, and going to open houses and landlord meetings.
• Communicate with the San Francisco Housing Authority and similar bodies to help clients utilize and resolve any questions or issues related to their voucher.
• Work with clients to develop an individual action plan that will enable them to move towards long term stability.
• Provide ongoing support to clients through office, phone, and community meetings, as well as periodic home visits.
• Provide crisis intervention, community and support services, information and referral, family budget assistance, parenting support, job enhancement and support, housing assistance and support, and advocacy.
• Candidates who are fluent in Spanish strongly encouraged to apply!
• CA Driver’s License and ability to be approved as a Zipcar driver required. (Personal vehicle NOT needed).
• Experience working with people in crisis and demonstrated understanding of issues facing homeless and low-income families.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship-building, networking, and ability to develop trusting relationships with a diverse set of individuals.
• Experience in a public-facing field which requires extensive phone, email, and in-person communication with outside parties, for example: real estate, property management, sales, or community outreach.
• Outstanding work habits: punctuality, communication, reliability, cooperation, organization, professionalism. Ability to work independently and to juggle many responsibilities concurrently.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Salesforce experience a plus.
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and an employer-contributed retirement plan. Full time employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave and paid time off for education.
Currently, this position requires a mix of remote, on-site, and community-based work. Our current plan calls for a phased re-entry over the summer, with all staff coming back in the office full time in September. While we have adapted our services over the past year to serve families remotely, we are excited to welcome families and staff back to the office for stronger relationship-building and support. We have a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe while on-site, including mandated face coverings, enhanced air filtration, intensive cleaning, and low building occupancy.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.