COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Case Manager, Family Resource Center
Program Director, Compass Family Resource Center
Full time (37.5 hours/week)
Monday - Friday
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Resource Center (FRC) partners with families experiencing homelessness to ensure that they are connected to supportive services that meet their needs and develop family resiliency. Additionally, families are paired with individual support to address the issues that precipitated their housing crisis and to identify and achieve goals related to housing stability, family well being, and self sufficiency.
The Case Manager provides intensive, family-centered support to families experiencing or at risk of homelessness. This includes accessing resources and addressing issues around: childcare, housing, mental health, substance use treatment, employment and career development, education, parenting support, budgeting, maintaining permanent housing, and addressing barriers to long-term stability. The case manager also facilitates groups and classes, manages distributions of donations, and provides crisis counseling to families visiting the FRC.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide comprehensive family focused case management services to families including: program enrollment, assessment, goal setting, long-term case plan development, weekly case plan development, progress monitoring and advocacy and referrals.
• Meet with clients weekly, with a mix of remote meetings, in the office, and in the field.
• Connect families with community resources. Follow up with clients and providers as appropriate to encourage progress and document use/success of referral.
• Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency database, funder reporting databases, and client files in a timely manner.
• Assist with development, outreach and facilitation of groups and classes.
• Help to provide a warm, welcoming and supportive environment for clients and prospective clients.
• Provide drop-in counseling and crisis intervention to clients coming to the FRC.
• Assist with activities such as childcare, donations, coverage of front desk and support with community activities, groups and workshops.
• Share rotating responsibility for health and safety of client reception area.
• Two years of experience in counseling/case management, including crisis intervention.
• Experience working in a social services setting.
• Understanding of issues facing homeless families, and of trauma informed care.
• Knowledge of Bay Area housing and social service resources.
• Ability to assess and de-escalate potentially volatile situations.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
• Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and internet searches.
• Ability to lift at least 20 lbs.
• Candidates who speak Spanish strongly encouraged to apply!
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and an employer-contributed retirement plan. Full time employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave and paid time off for education.
Currently, this position requires a mix of on-site and remote work. The Case Manager should expect to come to our 37 Grove Street location approximately three times per week to meet with clients and staff, assist with distributions of food, diapers and other goods, and complete other work as needed. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe while on site, including mandated face coverings, increased air filtration, and minimal office occupancy. In the longer term, this will be a fully in-person position.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.