COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Clinical Supervisor, Behavioral Health Services
Program Director, Compass Behavioral Health Services
$77,000 - $80,000 annually
(prorated for part time)
Flexible (20 - 37.5 hours/week)
Monday - Friday
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Behavioral Health Services (CBHS) provides trauma-informed therapy to families engaged in any of the other Compass Family Services programs. Our services reflect our understanding of the complexities of trauma as well as the range of traumatic experiences. Compass Family Services has created systems to train and support the staff on providing these trauma sensitive services to the families. Our approach involves training and education, supervision and support, attention to self-care for both the individual and the organization, attention to creating a welcoming and safe environment, and development of policies and procedures that reflect our understanding of how trauma has impacted our families.
• Provide individual clinical supervision to a team of MFT and MSW trainees and associates who are collecting hours towards licensure.
• Provide group supervision to CBHS staff, trainees and associates.
• Read and approve progress notes of unlicensed supervisees.
• Work closely with Director of CBHS to evaluate associates, students and staff therapists.
• Assist Program Director in developing intern training program, including recruiting intern class, liaison with graduate schools, interviewing and overseeing and managing cases.
• Facilitate monthly case consultations and support to case management staff.
• Provide coverage for cases when supervisees are on vacation or otherwise unavailable.
• LMFT or LCSW and California clinical license required
• At least two years of clinical supervision experience
• Substance abuse and/or dual diagnosis training and experience
• Experience handling crisis situations
• Experience working with homeless or disenfranchised communities
• Experience working with individuals, families, children and groups
• Specialized training in relational or parent and child psychotherapy
• Experience with Trauma Informed Services
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
• Bilingual/bicultural a plus
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and an employer-contributed retirement plan. Full time employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave and paid time off for education.
This position is currently remote, and candidates need to be comfortable providing teletherapy and supervision via zoom and phone. In the longer term, this will be an in-person position, with work both at our office at 37 Grove St. and at additional sites throughout the community.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.