COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Director of People and Culture
$120,000 - $130,000/year
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Services helps homeless families and families at imminent risk for homelessness to achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. We have served the San Francisco community for over 100 years. We have a staff of 135 and an annual budget of $17mm.
The Director of People and Culture leads Compass’ efforts to create a workplace where a staff of approximately 135 amazing people can grow, thrive, and achieve together. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of People and Culture sets the vision for our talent practices, supervises our growing talent team, and supports managers across the agency in aligning with best practices in talent management and navigating any challenges that arise.
Specific responsibilities include:
• In partnership with the staff across the agency, develop a talent vision and philosophy for the organization, and then oversee the continuous alignment of our talent practices with that vision.
• Oversee programs and practices that support Compass’ staff and provide opportunities for continued growth; for example, manage the rollout of a new performance evaluation system, develop a mentorship program for interested staff, and create a succession planning process for the agency.
• Partner with Compass’ Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging to support a highly diverse staff and create an environment of equity, inclusion and belonging for all employees.
• Partner with Compass managers to resolve any employment or performance issues that arise, and provide coaching, information and counseling as needed to managers and any other staff involved.
• Directly supervise HR generalist and lead Compass’ growing talent team.
• Ensure complete compliance in all HR-related matters with Compass’ internal human resources policies and with all relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
• Seven years of Human Resources experience, including at least 2 at a manager or director level.
• Deep commitment to and demonstrated success discussing, integrating, and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging throughout a complex and dynamic organization.
• Detailed understanding of employment law (local, state, and federal) and HR practices.
• Experience with employee relations problem resolution and investigations.
• Stellar interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, conflict resolution and respect for confidentiality.
• Deep commitment to the mission of Compass Family Services.
• Experience in the nonprofit/social services sector not required, but preferred.
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical, dental and vision coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Director of People and Culture will primarily work at Compass’ main office at 37 Grove Street in San Francisco, less than one block from the Civic Center BART station. Limited remote work is possible in this role, but the Director should plan to spend most of their time in the office. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep everyone healthy and safe on site, including mandated face coverings, increased cleaning schedules, enhanced air filtration, and daily Covid self-screening. Compass also requires proof of Covid vaccination for all employees.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.