COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Heading Home Assistant Program Director (through June 2022)
Director of Housing
$55,000 – $63,000 annually
Full time (37.5 hours/week)
Temporary, Exempt. Funding for this position currently runs from the present through June 30, 2022.
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
The Heading Home program provides housing search assistance, move-in funds, and ongoing rental subsidies that help families move out of homelessness. Families also receive case management support throughout their time in the program.
The Heading Home Assistant Program Director will join a leadership team of three, who together oversee Compass’ SF HOME Rapid Rehousing programs. They will supervise all Heading Home Case Managers, ensure compliance with the Heading Home contract, and support the day to day logistics of the Heading Home program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure that we are providing high quality services to Heading Home clients, including assistance with housing search, case management and appropriate referrals.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and provide direct supervision to the Heading Home Case Management staff.
- Meet with supervisees weekly to review progress, discuss client challenges, and provide support and direction.
-Track and report outcomes for the contract, and prepare grant and contract applications.
- Track monthly expenditures against budget and make sure that funds are spent responsibly and appropriately throughout the year.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as Hamilton Families, the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing and SFUSD. Attend relevant meetings to represent Compass’ interests and weigh in on relevant policies.
- Collaborate with the other two Assistant Program Directors regarding other SF HOME programmatic needs.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and ability to be approved as a Zipcar driver based on driving record
- Strong attention to detail is critical for success in this position
- Experience working as a case manager or counselor with homeless families or at risk populations
- Experience and knowledge about the Heading Home contract and/or other rapid rehousing programs preferred
- Supervisory or leadership experience, including proven ability to be oversee major projects or programs, track multiple work streams, and oversee the work of others
- Experience with successful program implementation and design
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to assess and de-escalate potentially volatile situations
- Deep commitment to and demonstrated success discussing, integrating, and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging throughout a complex and dynamic organization
- Desired: Bilingual Spanish
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and an employer-contributed retirement plan. Full time employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave and paid time off for education.
Currently, this position is primarily remote. Staff may be asked to work on-site or in the community occasionally; for example, helping clients access diapers and food. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe, including mandated face coverings, an increased cleaning schedule, and specific protocols around social distancing during interactions. We are also facilitating access to vaccination for all eligible staff and clients.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.