COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Impact Analyst (part-time/temporary)
Director of Impact & Learning
$32-$35/hour based on experience
Hours flexible between Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm; ASAP - August 2022
Non-exempt, part-time (22.5 - 30 hours/week)
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Services helps homeless families and families at imminent risk for homelessness to achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. We are the access point for any SF family facing a housing crisis and our services include emergency shelter, transitional housing, rental assistance, early childhood education, mental health support, in addition to a broad spectrum of counseling, parenting education, prevention, and support services.
Compass Family Services is seeking a smart, curious, and creative person who is passionate about using data and evaluation to improve outcomes for homeless families in San Francisco. This is a highly collaborative position that will be analyzing program data; facilitating staff in making data meaningful; creating charts and visuals; developing reports and updating organizational dashboards; and executing other project-related tasks as needed.
This position requires discipline and keen attention to detail to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This is a 9-month position with final hours and schedule to be negotiated.
● Lead an evaluation of Transitional Age Youth who access support services through Compass
● Perform quantitative analysis of assessment data gathered regularly from Compass programs (includes Protective Factors Survey, WHOQOL-BREF, etc.)
● Support qualitative data collection and analysis of the Universal Basic Income Pilot
● Implement and analyze org-wide client satisfaction survey
● Provide other forms of department support
● 1-4 years of analysis, evaluation, or strategic planning experience in a professional or academic setting
● Ability to frame appropriate analyses and draw conclusions from data
● Experience developing engaging visual products and reports of findings, including infographics, slide docs, graphics, dashboards, etc.
● Ability to format documents and presentations in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with efficiency and attention to detail
● Ability to communicate well across various levels in an organization and work collaboratively with people with a varying range of technical competencies
● Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, multi-program environment
● Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
● Passion for the mission of Compass Family Services including an appreciation of the history, strengths, and experiences of multiple communities, particularly those which experience systemic oppression
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
● A love of learning and an interest in contributing not just technical skills but critical thinking and your own unique perspective
Due to the nature of this position being part-time and temporary, it is not eligible for our benefits package.
Location & Covid Considerations
Currently, this position requires a mix of remote and on-site work at our 37 Grove St. office. Compass’ current plan calls for a phased re-entry, with staff coming back in the office full-time in the coming months. However, it may be possible for the Impact Analyst to continue to do a mix of remote and on-site work. We have a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe while on-site, including mandated face coverings, enhanced air filtration, intensive cleaning, and low building occupancy. Compass also requires proof of Covid vaccination for all employees.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.