COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Program Director: Compass Family Resource Center
Director of Support Service Programs
$77,000 - $80,000 annually
Monday - Friday, primarily during standard business hours
Exempt, full time
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Resource Center (CFRC) offers a comprehensive set of trauma-informed services that support family well-being. Homeless and at-risk families can access immediate crisis support at our Drop-in Center and get connected with parenting education, support groups and classes, case management, and other support. CFRC also houses CWORK, Compass’ workforce development program.
The Program Director of Compass Family Resource Center (FRC) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functioning of the FRC and its programming including supervision of staff, program design and implementation, coordination of services with internal and external providers, and the direct provision of services to client families.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Ensure a warm, welcoming, supportive and organized Family Resource Center with clear information for clients and staff about services provided.
● Supervise the Assistant Program Directors (2), Parent Educator and Case Managers, including hiring, training and professional development, weekly individual supervision and ongoing support, and performance evaluations.
● Support the C-WORK Assistant Program Director and that small team to meet workforce goals and objectives and oversee planning and evaluation of our workforce-focused initiatives.
● Support the Drop-in Center Assistant Program Director to ensure a well-running drop-in environment that is warm and welcoming and provides a smooth client experience.
● Work with the Drop-in Center Assistant Program Director to ensure that drop-in childcare services are safe, nurturing and supportive, and that the drop-in childcare area is fully equipped and that a positive environment is provided for visiting children and their families.
● Support the continued growth and development of the FRC’s initiatives, including identifying opportunities for additional funding, designing and implementing new programs, and continuously striving to enhance the FRC’s work as an integral part of Compass’ mission.
● Oversee the delivery of parenting education services, including groups, classes and individual work delivered by our Parent Educator.
● Work closely with Clinical Director to assure trauma informed services are being implemented throughout the Family Resource Center.
● Collaborate with our Impact + Learning team to ensure that outcomes and services are accurately reported and communicated in Compass’ database.
● Represent the agency to the community, funders, outside agencies, service provider groups and committees.
● Serve on the agency’s Management Team and ensure strong collaboration and communication between the FRC and all other Compass programs.
● Be available for crisis intervention support and take the lead on coordinating an appropriate intervention to ensure safety of clients and staff.
● Represent the FRC and the agency on such bodies as the Protective Factors Working Group, the Family Resource Center Alliance and subgroups of that body.
● Responsible for attending First 5 meetings and reporting quarterly on our work.
● Fill in for team members as needed.
● Minimum 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience
● Minimum 2 years of experience working as case manager or counselor with families experiencing homelessness, or other at-risk populations
● Experience with successful program implementation and design
● Ability to assess and de-escalate potentially volatile situations
● Deep commitment to and demonstrated success discussing, integrating, and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging throughout a complex and dynamic organization.
● Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
● Bilingual Spanish highly desirable
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, life insurance, free financial counseling, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Full time employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave and paid time off for education.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Program Director will work 4-5 days per week on-site at Compass’ main office at 37 Grove St. in San Francisco. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep everyone healthy and safe on site, including masks, increased cleaning, enhanced air filtration systems, and daily Covid self-screenings. Compass also requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, including booster when eligible.
Please apply by clicking the button below and filling out our online application. A cover letter is NOT required for this role, though you are welcome to include one, particularly if there is information that you would like us to know that is not covered in other parts of the online application. No phone calls, please.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.