COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Safety Ambassador, Compass Family Resource Center
Family Resource Center Manager
Full time, Mon-Fri
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Resource Center partners with families experiencing homelessness to ensure that they are connected to supportive services that meet their needs and develop family resiliency. Families are paired with individual support to address the issues that precipitated their housing crisis and to identify and achieve goals related to housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. The Family Resource Center also houses CWORK, Compass’ workforce development program.
• Welcome all visitors and Compass staff as first point of contact.
• Effectively assess visitor’s needs, and provide appropriate solutions (i.e. visitor badge, connect them to their appointments for triage intake, first aid supplies, where to find a conference room, etc.)
• Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to staff, clients, and other visitors on the premises.
• Maintain a safe and secure environment for staff, clients, and other visitors by controlling building access points and patrolling building premises.
• Monitor waiting area for potentially disruptive situations; de-escalate when appropriate and alert the FRC Program Director or Deputy Director when necessary.
• Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of work area, front desk, and lobby.
• Oversee protocol for opening the building at the start of the day and closing at the end of the day.
• Follow procedures of disaster protocols, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control, and accident investigations.
• Report maintenance and safety conditions which might endanger staff, operations, or public safety, including fires, natural disasters, hazardous situations, or other facility-related events.
• Accurate data entry into agency and city systems.
• Attend all agency, staff and group clinical meetings to implement a trauma informed approach.
• Complete additional assignments as assigned and required.
• Experience de-escalating volatile situations quickly.
• Ability to work calmly and stay organized under pressure, including handling multiple tasks at once.
• Friendly and approachable, with strong communication skills.
• Mature, professional, and capable of working under minimal supervision.
• Understanding of the population served by the organization.
• Ability to communicate via email and learn to use agency and city systems.
• Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
• Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Safety Ambassador will work at Compass’ office at 37 Grove Street in San Francisco. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe and healthy while on site, including mandated face coverings, increased air filtration, limited office occupancy, and daily Covid self-screenings. Compass also requires proof of vaccination or twice weekly Covid testing for all employees.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.