COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Teacher, Compass Clara House – temporary, part-time
Three days per week (15 hours/week total), beginning early August, for approximately 4-5 months
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Clara House is a transitional housing program for families experiencing homelessness. Families live for up to two years in private apartments, during which time parents engage in educational and vocational programs which lay the framework for a living wage career. The program provides licensed on-site childcare and afterschool programs as well as an array of support services.
• Support fellow teachers with daily activities that stimulate children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth and promote self-esteem.
• Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment: responsible for weekly laundry, lunch prep, daily disinfecting of materials, washing dishes, preparing the classroom for nap time, cleaning of the outdoor courtyard, assisting teachers with diaper changes, and other responsibilities.
• Establish positive and productive relationships with parents.
• Model appropriate behavior to children, parents, and staff.
• Attend weekly staff meetings, weekly childcare staff meetings, weekly supervision, and other scheduled in-services and trainings to improve personal and professional skills.
• 12 units of Early Childhood Education completed (required).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
• Physical clearance (including TB) and fingerprint clearance.
Location & Covid Considerations
The Teacher works at Compass Clara House, located at 111 Page Street in San Francisco. We have a range of protocols in place to ensure staff, child, and family safety, including mandated face coverings, enhanced air filtration, and screening of parents and children before entering the building.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.