COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Teacher (floating), Compass Children's Center
Infant/Toddler Site Supervisor
Full time, Mon-Fri
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Children’s Center (CCC) is an early childhood education center with a curriculum tailored to meet the specific needs of children living in extreme poverty and homelessness. The Center serves 70 children, ages 0-5, and their families each day, and addresses the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of the children, as well as the functioning and well-being of the families.
• Help foster an environment that meets children’s basic needs.
• Help maintain a safe and clean environment.
• Interact with children in a positive respectful manner.
• Engage in the continued implementation of the Pyramid Model of Teaching through building nurturing and responsive relationships with children, families and fellow staff and through the upkeep of a high quality, supportive environment.
• Supervise children at all times.
• Provide coverage for teachers during meeting times.
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other team members.
• Prepare lunches for Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers.
• Assist with setting up and implementing activities, and transition times.
• Assist with feedings as needed.
• Assist with nap preparation i.e. putting out cots, changing diapers, rubbing backs.
• Assist children in bathroom/change diapers as needed.
• Remove and wash dishes, tables, chairs and sweep floors.
• Clean the changing area and changing table.
• Prepare afternoon snack.
• Assist with after nap activities, diapering, and dressing.
• Clean area and dishes after snack.
• Assist with outside play, indoor activities, and afternoon transition periods.
• Assist child if hurt by applying first aid, complete accident report, and immediately tell classroom staff what happened.
• Be available to cover regular teacher position if a classroom teacher is on extended leave.
• Other tasks as assigned by the classroom coordinators and/or Center Director.
• Possess or eligible to apply for a Teacher Permit from the California Commission on Teaching Credentials. (24 ECE/CD including core courses and 16 general education units) and 6 units in infant care.
• At least 2 years of experience working directly with infants/preschool age children.
• Health screening, TB and fingerprint clearance (Department of Justice, FBI, Child Abuse Index)
• CPR and First Aid Certificate and Infectious Disease Prevention training.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
• Bilingual/bicultural a plus.
• Must be able to lift a child of 30 lbs.
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
Compass Children’s Center is located at 144 Leavenworth Street, in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. We have a range of protocols in place to ensure staff, child, and family safety, including mandated face coverings, enhanced air filtration, and screening of parents and children before entering the building. Compass also requires proof of Covid vaccination for all employees.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.