COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Weekend Overnight Site Monitor, Compass Clara House
Program Director, Compass Clara House
Saturday and Sunday nights, approximately 10pm – 6:30am, plus limited weekday/daytime hours (total of 18-19 hours per week)
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Clara House is a transitional housing program. Families live for 6 – 18 months in private apartments, during which time parents engage in educational and vocational programs which lays the framework for a living wage career. The program provides licensed on-site childcare and afterschool programs as well as an array of support services.
• Monitor safety of the building, grounds, and resident families
• Monitor adherence to program and visitor rules, and document any violations
• Provide informal counseling, conflict resolution, and crisis intervention
• Work collaboratively with staff to report and resolve any problems that arise
• Support community with safety and cleanliness of common areas and community space
• Ensure safety and parental supervision of children at all times
• Complete administrative tasks, cleaning, and case management follow-up as needed
• Complete daily site reports, and incident reports as needed
• Attend supervision meetings, staff meetings, Compass Clara House community meetings, and all-agency training days
• Understanding of issues facing homeless families and knowledge of Bay Area social service and housing resources
• Understanding of trauma informed care and ability to implement trauma informed practices
• Ability to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision
• Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe while on site, including mandated face coverings, improved ventilation systems, an increased cleaning schedule, and specific protocols around social distancing during interactions.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.