COMPASS FAMILY SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
Workforce Case Manager, CWORK Equity Pilot
Program Director, Compass Family Resource Center
Full time, Monday-Friday
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
Compass Family Resource Center partners with families experiencing homelessness to ensure that they are connected to supportive services that meet their needs and develop family resiliency.
This position is part of a program focused on supporting Black families to remove barriers to employment, develop job readiness skills, enroll in job training programs, and obtain job placement. The Case Manager will meet regularly with clients, both in person and remotely, to provide support around reaching employment-related goals. The Case Manager will also teach workshops and partner with colleagues at Compass and other agencies to ensure that clients are connected to resources that move them towards financial stability.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work collaboratively with clients to develop an Individual Employment Plan (IEP) as a road map toward furthering their education or seeking sustainable employment.
• Provide clients support around: removing barriers to employment, exploring careers of interest, identifying and enrolling in vocational and educational programs, resume building, job search skills, interviewing, addressing employment-related challenges, and other skills and activities related to obtaining and maintaining employment.
• Teach classes and workshops related to career education, job search skills, creating resumes, interviewing, and other related skills.
• Maintain thorough and accurate records in various agency and citywide systems, both paper and electronic.
• Provide outreach to internal and external providers to grow the workforce network of Compass Workforce Development and Resources (CWORK).
• Facilitate employment workshops and outreach at Refettorio Restaurant, a partner affiliated with Farming Hope which combines food security and employment opportunities for Compass families
• Candidate must have deep ties to the Black community and an understanding of the barriers to employment that members of Black communities face.
• Experience with job readiness activities highly preferred
• Understanding of issues facing homeless families and knowledge of Bay Area housing and social service resources
• Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
• Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
• Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and internet searches. Salesforce a plus.
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid vacation their first year, increasing to approximately 5 weeks in each year after, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave.
Location & Covid Considerations
Currently, this position requires mostly onsite work at 37 Grove St, with the option of one day per week remote. We anticipate that by early September, the position will be fully on site. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep staff and clients safe while onsite, including mandated face coverings, increased air filtration and cleaning, and limited building occupancy.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.