Why Fundraise for Compass?
San Francisco is the largest city in the United States that has the fewest number of children. This means San Francisco is not affordable for families – not just the poor – but for almost everyone. All of us who live in San Francisco know that when we decide to start a family, we will most likely have to move out of the City.
Compass Family Services has been the leading social services safety net for families for more than 100 years. Today, Compass provides services to more than 5,000 parents and children. These families are either homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. Services include temporary shelter, long-term housing, childcare, mental healthcare as well as education and employment assistance. And their success rate is impressive! 95% of families that complete our housing programs remain in stable housing.
The Compassion Campaign will make it possible for Compass Family Services to continue to provide these crucial services to families who are motivated to end the cycle of homelessness and poverty for themselves and their children.
The impact of your fundraising efforts:
- $10,000 will provide 1 year of early childhood education for 1 homeless child
- $5,000 will provide move-in assistance to house 3 families
- $2,500 will provide 1 month of hot lunches for preschoolers in our childcare programs
- $1,000 will provide 1 month of emergency shelter for 1 family
- $500 will provide 10 hours of mental health support for a family in crisis
- $250 will provide job readiness support for three homeless parents