How to Host a Toiletries Drive
You can host a toiletries drive at your school, office or local community center to support families in need. We accept travel and full size body wash, shampoo, deodorant, razors, shaving cream/gel, and women’s sanitary products in new condition.
1. Before you host your toiletries drive, please contact our Volunteer and Community Resources Manager by filling out the form above to see if we have the capacity to accept toiletries.
2. Find a location to host your toiletries drive.
3. Choose a time frame. You can have a toiletries drive for as long as a few months to just a single day.
4. Create your drop-off bins by decorating large boxes or plastic bins.
5. Talk to your audience about Compass Family Services. You are fundraising for a great cause and you should let everyone know. Don’t forget to provide copies of our Compass-at-a-Glance fact sheets so others can learn more about Compass and how they can get involved!
How Long Should a Toiletries Drive Last?
You can host a toiletries drive for as short as a single day or as long as a few months, and everything in-between.
Long Term Drives
If you are encouraging people to drop off over a long period of time, make sure your drop-off sites are located in secure locations, such as inside a school, business or office. That way, you can make sure that all the donated items will be safe until the final pick up date!
If you’re hosting a one-day drop-off event, pick an open and accessible area with lots of parking. Also keep in mind that holding the event in a busy location may attract shoppers who you can inspire to donate toiletries! Perhaps choose a public shopping center with a store that sells travel-sized toiletries (e.g. Target) where people can pick up items to donate on their way out!
What Kind of Toiletries are Acceptable?
Compass Family Services recommends toiletries, such as travel and full size body wash, shampoo, deodorant, razors, shaving cream/gel, wipes, and women’s sanitary products. All items must be in new, unopened condition.
How Do I Advertise my Toiletries Drive?
Communication is key! Advertise your toiletries drive by email, text, or old-fashion paper. Don't forget to send out reminders a day or two before, and throughout the duration of the toiletries drive!
Post about your event on social media. We love seeing your posts! Tag and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Create signage! Get creative and use colored markers, sequins, glitter and more on printer paper and/or posterboard.
How Do I Drop-Off My Toiletry Donations to Compass Family Services?
Once your toiletries drive ends, contact our Volunteer and Community Resources Manager to schedule a drop-off at Compass Family Services.