Making the holidays bright for our families!
Registration for 2017 is now closed.
All families are adopted!
But we still have families you can help!
We will have more families come to us over the next two months when it's colder and the rains return. You can still help these families! We have a fund that will provide basic, short-term needs of clothes, food, groceries, diapers, toys, and hygiene products as well as long-term needs of shelter, housing, childcare, and mental healthcare.
All donations are matched dollar for dollar by Google.
Adopt-a-Family pairs individuals, families, civic groups, and corporate teams with Compass families who are homeless or at imminent risk and lack the resources to buy holiday gifts. For many families, these gifts will be the only ones they will receive during the holidays.
Over the last 20 years, families, individuals, and groups have made Adopt-a-Family a holiday tradition - the true meaning of the season - by giving gifts and showing compassion to others.
How it Works!
- In order to participate, we require a $125 donation to Compass Family Services for each family adopted. This donation is waived for donors who are annual financial contributors to Compass Family Services and current corporate partners in our Community Investment Grant program. All donations are tax-deductible.
- Fill out the donor registration form link: Registration is closed for 2017.
- You'll be asked to choose how many families and also how many people per family you'd like to adopt. The average cost is about $150 per family member.
- You will receive your wish list(s) within a few weeks.
- Compass staff will help you through the rest!
Check out our FAQ for important details and instructions: Download
All Adopt-a-Family purchases are tax-deductible. You will receive a thank you letter in January describing your participation in the program. Keep your receipts so you can attach those to the letter for tax purposes.
Volunteer for Adopt-a-Family!
There are many different ways you can volunteer during Adopt-a-Family, whether you are adopting a family or not! You, your family, group, or office team can help with administrative tasks or help during the donor drop-off days and family pick-up days at our storage facility. It takes a lot of people to make this project successful each year and we'd love the help. And... it's pretty fun, too!